If we are provided with accurate, detailed information, we will file an insurance claim with your private insurance or government carrier. However, you are responsible for the following:
- Obtaining appropriate referrals, authorizations, or pre-certifications from your health insurance carrier.
- Co-payments, deductibles, coinsurance, or services not covered by contracted carriers. These amounts will be billed to you once insurance has processed your claim.
- For non-contracted insurance carriers, any balance remaining between our charge and the insurance payment.
- If the insurance company is unable to process a claim due to missing information from you, you are responsible for the bill.
Most health insurance plans establish networks of contracted healthcare providers. Discounted fee arrangements and prompt payment guarantees, among other provisions, are normally part of those contracts.
Linn County Anesthesiologists, P.C. and LCA, P.L.C. have contracts (participate) with the following insurance plans:
- AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa
- Auxiant FocusHealth
- Benefits Management Group
- Corvel Corporation (Workers Compensation)
- HealthSCOPE Benefits
- Medicaid and Medipass
- Midlands Choice
- OHARA Workers Compensation PPO
- United HealthCare of the River Valley, Inc.
- United HealthCare HMO & PPO
- Unity Point Health Partners
- USA Managed Care
- Wellmark PPO & Indemnity (BlueCross BlueShield)
- Wellmark HMO (BlueCross BlueShield)
We strive to reach agreement and contract with all insurance carriers. However there are some insurance companies with which we have not established contractual arrangements. If you are insured by one of these carriers, please be aware that your insurance company may process our charges at a lower benefit level or even without any insurance benefits. If possible, please contact your insurance company prior to your care to determine if alternate processing is available.
Also be aware that certain insurance carriers choose to limit their benefits to amounts they determine to be “Usual and Customary Rate” or “UCR.” When this occurs, you will be held responsible for any difference between the charged amount and the amount allowed as UCR by the insurance company. We will assist you in any warranted appeal process you wish to undertake with your insurance carrier. Please contact our billing office at (319) 743-7300 for assistance.
We do NOT contract (participate) with the following insurance plans:
- Beech Street
- Coventry HMO & PPO
- SouthCare HealthCare Preferred
Upon receiving workers compensation information from you, we will file an insurance claim with your employer. If your employer denies your claim, we will file your claim with your health insurance carrier, if that information has been provided. Involvement of legal counsel will not mitigate your responsibility for your charges. You are ultimately responsible for assuring payment for your care.
Third Party Liability
Due to unforeseeable delays in our legal system, your claim may or may not be paid timely by a third-party you consider responsible for its payment. Initially we will file your claim with your liability insurance carrier. If they do not pay, we will then file with your health insurance carrier if that information has been provided. Please remember that you are responsible for paying for your care.